Wifi has become increasingly popular in the new age of mobile computing. The latest smartphones and laptops can wirelessly connect to a home wifi network from almost anywhere, rendering a fixed wired connection obsolete.
The process for transferring files from a phone to a laptop through wifi is simple and there are multiple ways to do it. You’ll need to find the wifi settings on both devices. On the phone, navigate through settings until you find wifi and turn it on. Then, locate the name of your home network and tap it. Connect your laptop to the same wifi network as your phone by clicking on the name of your home network.
For Mac: There are a number of ways to accomplish this task. You can use a wireless file transfer app such as AirDrop, which is available on both iPhones and Macs. You can also use a USB cable to connect your phone to your laptop.
There are three Wi-Fi file transfer methods for PC without app.
- Droid Transfer
- Cloud Solutions
- Bluetooth File Transfer
Droid Transfer: Transfer files from Android to PC:
Some devices running Android OS come with an app called MTP. This app is one of the many ways to transfer files from your phone to your computer or vice versa. If you do not have this app on your phone, you can install it by visiting the Google Play store. Once installed, open the MTP app and connect your phone to your computer via your USB cord.
This article will show you how to transfer files from your Android phone to PC using the Droid Transfer application. It covers downloading and installing the application, transferring files from your phone, and finally uninstalling and deleting it.
Since you can’t usually find a USB port on your Android device, the best way to transfer data is through a free app called Droid Transfer.
Droid Transfer will also save different types of data from your Android phone to your PC. This includes messages, music, and photos,files etc.
Here’s how to Transfer files from Android to PC via Droid Transfer:
- Install Droid Transfer on your computer and run it. Droid Transfer
- Get the Transfer Companion App on your Android phone.
- Scan the QR code with the Transfer Companion app. Transfer the Droid Transfer link to the companion app.
- You now have the option to transfer files from your Android device to the computer using either your Android device or Droid Transfer. Select the files that you’d like to transfer and hit “Copy to PC” on the phone.
- To add files from your device to your PC, click on Add File in Droid Transfer to select a file on your local device to add.
Cloud Services Transferring files between Android phone and a PC
Cloud services are storage repositories that can be accessed by different devices with internet connections. They allow users to upload or download files stored in the cloud, which means users don’t need to connect their smartphones to their PC anymore.
- Go to the website of your chosen cloud computing service provider.
- Sign up online for the cloud service. Those who offer a free service usually provide a limited quantity of free online storage, with all the possible ways to pay for more. The most popular services offer cloud computing solutions. The most basic of these often offers300 MB of online storage, the price is based entirely on need for more space.
- Download the app on your mobile phone, set it up with your account credentials, and access it.
- You can now send a file from any of your devices to your cloud storage.
Bluetooth: Easier Way To Transfer Files From Mobile Phones
The Bluetooth technology is not only good for transferring files between two mobile phones, but also other portable electronic devices. It offers users more flexibility on how they choose to transfer their data.
Many people rely heavily on their mobile devices to take care of work and personal matters. The problem with this is that it can be difficult to transfer files between your device and a desktop or laptop. This is where Bluetooth comes in handy. The Bluetooth protocol allows two devices to connect without physical connection, which makes it easier to share files between them.
Wireless Bluetooth is an open low power radio frequency which can be used to transmit data between devices over short distances. Bluetooth enables the user to transfer files from mobile phones, tablets, and computers without having to plug in any cables or wires.
Bluetooth enabled devices automatically connect to each other when they are within range of each other. Some common uses for Bluetooth would be transferring pictures, videos, and music from one device to another wirelessly.
FAQ’s about transfer files through wifi
What is the fastest way to transfer files from my Android phone to my PC wirelessly?
I would recommend using an app called AirDrop. It is an Apple-specific software that allows you to transfer files wirelessly between two iOS devices or Macs.
How can I transfer large files from laptop to mobile?
It is possible to transfer large files from laptop to mobile by using a USB cable. The steps are as follows:
1) Connect the laptop and the mobile device with the USB cable.
2) On the laptop, go to “My Computer” or “Computer.”
3) Double-click on the drive that corresponds to your mobile device.
4) Double-click on the folder containing your desired file(s).